Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Mask Off


I introduced myself as "Jon" to this one dude who was semi-famous over Instagram Live and he told me he knew a lot of Jons. I told him I knew a lot too,

I was watching "Hip-Hop Evolution" on Netflix this morning with my hip-hop heroes, such as A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, DJ Kool Herc, MC Lyte, and all of them. And remembered how every rapper wouldn't eat or sleep or would spend time, money, and energy in perfecting their craft. KRS-One couldn't sleep until he got his rhymes in the booth. And here Jonny Boy is making a blog at 12:11 am after 12 hours of work. I gotta' get these words out, ja' feel me?

Jon also thought about how one of my favorite comedians, Bill Burr, told me the difference between a job and a hobby. How does a rhymer or creator know they will subsist off of their talent. Do they even care about the duckets? What is the difference between the two? I don't know.

I reminisce about "Mask Off" by Future a lot. Jody doesn't think the song is super impressive but I have numerous amounts of masks and facial expressions I had behind,

Jim Carrey is one of my favorite people, period. I admire him so much because of his facial expressions are so vivid, crazy, amazing. All of the crease and crevices of someone's structures that can be manipulated were so fascinated and I always thought they couldn't be taught.  Ace Ventura, Truman Show, The Mask; I would spend hours molding and stretching my face because a Jonny could and would and should,

I also think about my wigs, masks, costumes at my disposable. Jon can move my face muscles into any form or shape. I won't buy a decent suit but I'll buy a movie replica of a Captain America outfit. Sometimes I wonder if Jon dresses up to hide from the public or if I dress up only to go out in public. What is the difference between a hobby and a job? Ugh. I am going to turn 26 soon, and it is crazy because I know exactly what I want to do. Is Jody going to go for it or crawl under the bed and fold? Well not really, there's not enough room to actually physically fold,


Image result for future mask off
"Mask Off' by Future may not have been my personal anthem of choice but the song title and hook always got me into a certain mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment