Monday, May 27, 2019

Elmo Came With That AK-47


Most people know that Jon loves running. If you don't know this by now, you may be an idiot. 

Dog running for a few bucks,  25-30 miles a week, 1,000 miles a year, trying to run in every state before I turn 35. Countless hours crafting playlists once a month off of pure emotion, hundreds on dollars spent on shoes, 3 am runs. Buying bananas and electrolyte powder by the Costco-load, high-fiving crossing signs, keeping dogs specifically on my left side, Strava run sessions lost, head-nodding the only other black dude at a 10K,

One pair of homemade snow-running shoes,
One pair of city-running shoes,
One pair of trail-running shoes,
One pair of oh-God-that's-all-I-have-to-run-in-shoes,

But at a certain point, one has to wonder when does it stop. Everything comes to an end, right? Like Iron Man said "put of the journey is the end"; what do I do when part of my legs just stop working correctly? What if that truck actually ran Jon over at my race in Nebraska when I crossed the finish line? What if I am in the wrong neighborhood and Jon got ran up on a run?Why does happiness always present itself to me when there are literally people desperately digging in the trash for their livelihood?

These thoughts linger as I began to enter my prime with running. Jon has to consider what is the point of it all when it comes down to it. That's with anything, ever. Why do people get certain jobs or what makes a hobby different from a job or what do people consider responsibilities versus a duty? Like running is not that hard, all you do is put one foot in front of the other. I do that for a few miles, bada bing, badda boom, Jonny Boy is happy. And now JODY is getting paid and recognized for it,

A quick and firm reminder, I ran for my school in 8th and 9th grade. That was about it. It was only until college where Jonny wanted to impress a girl enough to run with her. What sort of foundation is that for someone 6 years later winning a small town race in Imperial, Nebraska? When does something you love become your livelihood? While I was sitting on my bed last weekend with the flu, I had to cancel 2 yoga classes, 3 dog clients, and a full day of work with the kiddos. It was strange because for the first I realized 

these jobs are dope. but what Jonny is getting paid on the other hand...


Image result for 4 phantoms curren$y
"4 Phantoms" by Curren$y gives me the old school car, riding around the block vibe that I typically feel on night runs,

No comments:

Post a Comment