Monday, April 29, 2019

Public Service Announcement

I am not sure how to start this post. Um, I pooped about 3 times this morning. Anyways it is Monday morning, preparing to start my week. I recently checked out the new Avengers movie, definitely on the prowl to rewatch it. 

As I sat in the theater to watch the culmination of all 22 films in one final epic showdown, Jon briefly drifted off into character development aka JODY development. Watching Thanos, Tony Stark, Steve Rodgers, Thor, etc. develop over the span of about 3 years has been a lot on my poorol' lil' Jonny heart. But even with all of these fictional characters, I think about people I have known for quite some time who had their own progress.

Personally I have reached a point to where I can do a longer, more detailed reflection of where Jon is mentally, physically, spiritually, financially, emotionally, etc. after my own "epic" showdown a couple of months ago. And that has prompted me to discuss with my friends the root or foundation of their personal growth. Which is honestly difficult to have that talk with all of social media lurking around. Maybe I do not mean lurking, maybe I mean sitting in your bed while you sit propped up against a wall, passive aggressively asking Instagram to get out of your bed and off of your girl. 

My best friends, my Tier 1 friends, people who know Jon, Jody, Jonny, Jonny Boy, etc., they have these talks with me and are consistent with checking on me vice versa. It is hard to say people are in a "transition phase" because I believe people should be constantly evolving and developing into their own final form. Unfortunately when you keep checking on famous people your own age and how quickly they got to a certain stature, you may look at their last few years and feel dismay. Which should NEVER be the case. Unless you're Logan Paul. Logan, do better babe.

There's always the Jay-Z quote I paraphrase or misquote:

"No matter where you go, you are what you are player
And you can try to change but that's just the top layer
Man, you was who you was 'fore you got here"

This was actually my quote from my 200 hour YTT that got me going. Jody interpreted it as everything that you do or have done and will do was already going to happen because of who you are. Your mannerisms, how you talk, behavior, intellect; it was already there in the first place. But of course a Jonny may use this as a cap, but a Jonny may also do this to realize potential. Depends on if I want to get out of bed first.


Related image
"I Am Just A Rapper" introduced me to one of the corniest rappers I've ever heard in my life that showed me how amazing one can develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment