Sunday, April 21, 2019

Sand Is Overrated

It's Sunday April 21st, 2019. Easter Sunday. Resurrection Sunday. 9:21 in the morning. 65 degrees, partly cloudy. Scattered thunderstorms are 50%. Wind is around 7 miles per hour. From basement floor window, I can see Louie sitting outside, delicately chewing on her favorite toy. Eyes half shut, her fur being fluffed by gentle gusts.

I'm on my bed laying belly down, mouth covered by a shea butter-scented pillow with a floral design. My feet hang off of my queen-sized Serta mattress, as I routinely twirl my ankles around. My body has been adjusting to having 3 jobs that all require an extensive amount of stamina. And also all requires the use of sweatpants. I've been fortunate enough that I can get back to my college workout routine to get the physique of Captain America. 

I briefly pause typing as I listen to the sounds around me, as my 4-foot tall window is slid open.
Airplanes floating on by.
Birds tuning.
Sirens wailing.
Neighbor dogs growling.
Roommates shuffling around upstairs.
My double jointed hands tapping on my HP.

An ant slowly shuffles by looking extremely gassed. I am sure the little fella' ventured all the way over yonder to the crumbs from my late night salmon burger. I have never seen an ant in my room. I break his neck. My glance then peaks around my 9' x 9' bedroom.
Xbox One and 52" TV on top of an old card table.
A vision board I made at my Auntie's house.
An old running shoe collecting dust in the corner.
Random fifths of white rum that have run their course.
Couple of dirty dishes from last night.
Some covers folded up in a corner for no reason.
Christmas lights strewn around the ceiling that connect throughout my entire floor. Well almost, I need one more extension cord to reach the living room.

I think about writing more but I want to watch the Beyonce Homecoming film on Netflix to see why people are so obsessed with her before I trot over to the Colorado Rockies baseball game. I have free tickets from my job, and I am going with my old college friends. I haven't seen one of them in a while, I hope he's okay. 

At this point I wonder why I haven't mentioned any Jons or music references in this post. Dee told me that my writing is riddled with grammatical errors. That's a weird thing to say because I'm writing down individual thoughts as they spontaneously pounce out of my head. It's like I'm projectile vomiting and I blacked out and he is telling me to aim at the trash can. It's also weird because I am 72% certain I have used that reference before. I have to pee and cut my hair.

*Crazy In Love plays in the background

Image result for eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind has been on my list at the most watched movie of all time. I first heard of it listening to the OST while Jay Electronica rapped over the original score.

No comments:

Post a Comment