Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Between Friends Pt. 37

This is between friends 

Now, my best friends have powers,
No please understand this,: my best friends have powers,y

Seen them with my own two Jonny eyes,

I know a woman from North Carolina that can overwhelm you with love only using a smile 

I know a man that lives near Stone Mountain who can manifest sweet melodies using mahogany some phosphor bronze strings,

I know a lady from McDonough who is protecting and training and parenting a real life superhero by herself 

There’s some folks from GTown with a sleight of hand and so down the earth that you think they were born in ‘02

There’s some people down south that can swirl their fingers in the dirt and feed ya’ for a whole season,

I know a ducking waterbender off the coast and fire bender near Manitoba 

I know a pasty, ghostly, pale white boy that can help clear your immune system and then will paint you a portrait of the  Rockies

I know some colorful women who are in Denver who are so magical that it can make a unicorn look like a donkey with a dildo attached on its temple,

I know a collection of comrades that would walk off a decapitation ,

There’s some friends that have been there for a decade and friends that are only there for a night 

I have some friends turned villains , villains turned friends, and some friendly villains 

I know Blade, Black Panther, Domino , Green Lantern, Storm they’re from Willacoochee, GA

I got friends more agile than a crocodile on a Tuesday just before dawn

I know suburban kids who are forealla, country folks who are forealla, and city kids who are forealla 

Theres folks from FAMU, Howard, Morgan State, Hampton, NSU, and VSU that you could bring home to mom to try her unseasoned water casserole 

I got some auntie-like folks that will make you Sunday brunch but will get the armor and peel your wig back when it comes to their kinfolk 

I have friends that remind me to hydrate, eat my greens, cry, pray, and listen to my shitty poems 

Could you imagine people coming into your life that you don’t know and doing whatever they can so you don’t fail, so you won’t fail, you cannot fail

This is between friends,


1 comment:

  1. I am the friend turned villain, and villain turned friend

    ReplyDelete