Sunday, January 16, 2022

Do The Right Thing: Part 2

People say to always do the right thing. In any dire circumstances or consequences. Do the right thing.

Always.

It's not that I don't want to, I just don't know the know-how. It's not like there are 2 or 3 options to choose from, it is about 4,000. At least, I am just estimating. I am a scientist, ya' know. That means I can make stuff up and use fake primary sources and people believe me.

Anywho, I tend to make the wrong choices (or we shall say, not the most thought-out choices) and then get upset about why I chose something. I chose to eat-out know I will be too tired too cook and didn't want to go home hungry after a workout, but I forget my wallet at home. Too many variables and not enough equating (Algebra 1 should have prepared me better for this situation!)

Also the "right" thing and "always" sounds so absolute and I don't want to be considered a sith lord. I can "most of the time" choose the "better" option as I seemingly effortlessly glide through my life. I mean I am a human who typically, okay, more often than not can choose the correct thing but sometimes that option is also lame. Like choosing to not throw a dodgeball at a 10 year-old who can barely even though the ball back at me. If she wouldn't have tried to duck, it wouldn't have hit her in the face.

But the right thing is so subjective. Or objective. Detective? 

Anyways one of the 'tives but the right thing to do for someone will put me as clear disadvantages or vice versa. Am I supposed to look out for my neighbor if we are in a clear zombie apocalypse or do I let a possible infected zombie inside my house with my 2 and 4-year-old?

See, doing the right thing is an elective! Gotta' go my mom is calling me, 






No comments:

Post a Comment