Monday, March 16, 2020

Stepdad of The Year

I say this quite often, but I have to remember that I am not the villain or the superhero in everyone's story. I'm probably not even the comic relief or reluctant side character to aid in someone's journey.

Percentage-wise, looking at all the people in the entire world I've ever come in contact with, I am probably a NPC (non-player character) that is sitting on bench, not influencing the story at all. Maybe I'm innocent bystander #38 that gets ran over by a tween on their skateboard at 2pm at a crosswalk between the parkway and the greenway. Maybe I'm not even visible, like the headline of "Breaking News: Man Buys Radioactive Llama!" on some generic basic cable channel and gets bitten by it. And that's okay,

It does get difficult when I am meditating and not focusing. 10 unfocused, isolated minutes practicing ujayii breathing in a criss-cross position is a long time to be thinking about things that aren't of value or relevant to you anymore. Sometimes I think about all the kids I letdown over the last 4 years. I think about why I like to put the numeric symbol for numbers even when it's not grammatically correct. I think about why people talk to me. I think about unlimited tostitos. I think about how people would tweet about my death. I think about if I stayed and helped raise someone else's child and how I would be stepdad of the year.

But none of these things matter in the grand scheme of things. I am a person who has a self-proclaimed "purpose" and only tend to look back on things so I can learn from them and not repeat the same mistakes again. Normally. Things will happen the way they are supposed to and it is my job, nay, our jobs as humans to adjust as needed. Whenever something pops up, deal with, hide from it, it doesn't matter. Humans are adaptable, versatile, innovative...when we want to be. Whatever comes up it's going to steamroll you or you're going to roll with it. Or not, I don't know. I'm not a psychologist. Or reliable. Okay I'm pretty reliable. Wait, who's on first?
Image result for hello j cole
This blog post is brought to you by "Hello" by Jermaine Cole himself. One of his lines was the foundation of this entire entry.






Image result for captain america pointing
Every time I think of the proverbial stepdad, I think of Steve Rogers. For NO reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment