Tuesday, November 19, 2019

The Emasculation of The Ignorant Black Man Pt. 3

I started getting tattoos around the age of 22. Sometimes due to the desire to have body art, some through tattoo therapy, and mostly because I thought "Why Not?"My goal still is to cover 30 % of my body with the ink, only rules I have are:

1.) Nothing above the collar bone
2. No names or identifiable faces

Here are the list describing every tattoo, where they are located, and why. Enjoy! (Yes I made a spreadsheet)


TattooBody LocationReason
Zebra Inspired Tiger Stripes (1st tattoo)Entire left armI initially wanted to zebra stripes but the lady who did it added spikes for the stencil so I kept it. Growing up didn't know if I was a black with white stripes or vice versa. Only tattoo I wanted through college
SeagullsRight forearmFrom one of my favorite tales Jonathan Livingston Seagull , reminder to always keep working on love
Japanese CloudsRight elbowI thought they complimented the seagulls and the trees on my right forearm
Red Cardinal Perched on A Peach*Right rib cageAn ode to the two states I grew up in as a child (Virginia = Red Cardinal, Georgia = Peach), not knowing if I would return back to them again after I had moved to Denver in 2017
Triangle Series Yoga PosesLeft backMy favorite series that I learned with my time getting my 200 hour yoga license. It helped me feel confident and long in my stature
Unicorn* Left upper outer calfCheap tattoo from a random street festival. My only drunk tattoo
Rainbow Shaped 'J'Upper left backRainbows make me happy !
Christmas Lights (Last Tattoo) Right side of spine, along backVery well known that I view Christmas Day as a high effort, low reward holiday. But Christmas lights have always made me calm and appreciate any setting or surrounding,
Silhouette of a Black WomanLeft side of backBlack women are dope. That is all.
Basic Bundle of Star DoodlesLeft upper inner calfI made this tattoo every time I made a NBA 2k character since 2010. In a way, I grew into the player I always created playing Xbox
Akindra Symbols from Black Panther Back of calf3 symbols that represent love, peace, and family. I don't recall the actual meaning but I can totz find the link
Artemis Wings*Lower left outer calfSometimes I feel like I have Artemis wings in my legs when I am running, and that's a fo' sho' right on
WingsRight shoulderFrom one of my favorite players Andre Iguodala. Unfortunately didn't turn out as detailed as his
Moana Tribal SunLeft man boobieI actually did not know it was the sun from that film, I just thought it looked cool.
Darcy's LawRight man boobieThe equation for how water flows through a porous medium that ruled my life to help me get my science degree. Kind of a joke tattoo for my Hydrology professor
Jaguar Shark from The Life Aquatic Upper right backThat whole movie is a masterpiece and I wanted to get at least one thing from it
3 Apples*Left rib cageApple a day keeps the doctor a way was what my momma' told me. Still going strong from this ideal
Black Spruce TreesRight forearmFrom my time in Alaska, it always learned back and forth and it was so flimsy. But it never fell.
CarrotFront right calfI am the only in my immediate family that does not have to wear classes. Coincidence?
CornbreadFront lower thigh My entire life. Do ya' have to ask?









Image result for gym class heroes"




No comments:

Post a Comment