Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Blood On The Asics

Random thought: 

When I first created this blog, it was meant to be "an inspirational, motivational, moving masterpiece" of triumph and glee about running and exercising. Almost like "here's how to become a newer, more beautiful you; all you have to do is get on the treadmill!" headass, 

That was the whole concept of making a blog about running. Discuss running. Running has been one of my favorite things in the whole wide word. But me making a running blog is like asking Dennis Rodman to take off of of his piercings and not wear wedding dresses. Well let me explain:

Jamal and I have had numerous swapping of ideas that include err-thang; ranging from the those's to the that's and the what's. But one of the more awe-inspiring conversations have been of  the super radical notion "people never change" which I have always believed in, especially from Jay-Z's quote 'you can try to change but that's just the top layer, you was who you was before you got here' which has never left my noggin. Ever. And I'm paraphrasing.

By nature I am a compulsive, excessive Jonny, which someone may see from my running (I have ran 1,500 miles this year), costumes (I have over 7 full costumes and 8 wigs over the past 4 years), and whatever hieroglyphics one must decipher after reading my posts. And I think back to my youth, if I was the same spazzy, greedy kid in grade school. I can definitely remember me going out to run before the bus came to get me in middle school and building a basketball collection of over 2,000 cards and memorizing everyone's stats from '99-'07(yes, I sold it for $75 a year later to buy a Nintendo DS Lite).

So did I change at all? Do any of us change at all from childhood to adulthood to death-hood? Hmph.

I don't think I changed. I would say I mostly evolved or re-loaded. 

Figuring out in my early 20s that this is going to be me forever was a positive thing. For example, when I NEED something to be successful (the more assertive form of 'want') I will go out and get it. I knew I needed to pass the SATs so my go-lucky tail took it again two weeks later in high school and got a qualifying score to get into college; when I had hip pains a few years ago, I tried every doing yoga twice a day, 5 times a week and soaking in Epsom until I grew gills to alleviate the pain.

Reckon the thing is that you don't have to completely hack away your negative traits and throw them into a dumpster. Magikarp evolves into Garados, still the same basic water Pokemon. Just realize MAYBE that your traits you think or dope/not dope may lead you to being a serial killer or a wall street investor. Both the same thing, right? Just take your weaknesses and turn them to unique-esses. I totally stole that from a Rhett & Link video.


Image result for video killed the radio star







No comments:

Post a Comment