Friday, January 11, 2019

I Will Find Him

When I was 19 years-old, I saw the film Man of Steel 3 times in less than 18 hours.

I walked into the Plaza Cinema in Grenada, Mississippi at 3 separate times between the dates of June 14th and June 15th in 2013 and bought 3 seperate tickets. 3 separate times I saw the same story with the same actors playing the same characters in the same scenes fighting the same people with the same beginning and the same ending on 3 separate occasions.

Could you imagine being that obsessed, champing at the bit, to see something that you have seen numerous times? Desperate to catch a small, subtle detail that may seemingly take your breath away?
With the sense that you are actually being pried out of your seat, pulled into something that you believe to be 100%  true until the credit scenes roll? To see your own soul leave your own meat vessel and be enamored with being those characters, those fictional character whom seem like a deity?

No offense to the Guardians of "OA" but when I flow through Sun B salutations on my yoga mat or when I am running off Broadway in between cocaine-filled yuppies or if I am tossing weights doing renegade rows in Planet Fitness, I feel like I can't die. Ask my overzealous tail when I was 22 running through the hoods of Portsmouth, Virginia like I had a 757 VIP card. Those peppy neurochemicals stretch throughout my entire body in every muscle fiber, every nerve ending, every chakra that my body can fathom.

This may appear overwhelming, and it is most of time. The feeling of ecstasy that flows through my body 90% of the time when I exercise gets to me. At this point the pain I feel when I am bopping my legs in floorwipers is needed to relax me. I can't go to sleep unless I am sore most days

It is like lifting is the entree, running completes the sides, and yoga is the lukewarm water that washes of all it down. We would call music the seasoning for this soul food meal. I could eat all of this without salt and pepper, but why would I?

The workout below is entitled Boris Diaw and is to be done in 50 minutes. If you are not able to do this in 50 minutes, stop, and try again later. This is made purely from Man of Steel OST after I saw it for the 3rd time on June 15th, 2013.


Boris Diaw 
  • Centipede Push-ups 4 x 20
  • Wide-grip overhand pull-ups 4 x 10
  • Battle Ropes 4y x 30 sec. per.
  • Alternating waves (small)
  • In & our waves 
  • Giddy-Up Horsey Waves 
  • Power Slams
  • Alternating waves (large)
  • Alternating lunges w/ dumbbell (front, back, and oblique) 4 x 4
  • Kettlebell swings 4 x 15
  • One-armed Romanian deadlift to overhead press w/ dumbbell 4 x 8 (each side)
  • Floorwipers with barbell (300 movie style) 4 x 10 (each side)
  • Alternating Dumbbell rows w/ push-ups 4 x 8 (each side)
  • Dips 4 x 8
  • Single-arm dumbbell bench press (on floor mat) 4 x 10 (each side)
  • Push-up burpees 4 x*
  • However long it takes you to regret eating a whole freggin' pizza in one sitting






Image result for i will find him hans zimmer
"I Will Find Him" is a track off of Hans Zimmer's Man of Steel original soundtrack and remains the only song that makes me want to run into a brick wall head first. This is one of my favorite quotes from my favorite superhero movie of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment